Thursday, May 10, 2012

In Memory of Jacques Aubin

This post is in memory of my grandfather, Jacques Aubin, who passed away on Sunday, May 6th.

     While I stood beside his hospital bed that fateful day, Death spoke to me and revealed itself to me. I did not feel all that bad about what was about to transpire. His passing was no surprise. First of all, I felt it in my chest that the end was near for him, but I also had Death whispering in my ear. He whispered "Do not fear Death, for it is only temporary" and myriad other words involving himself. I wrote about Death that day, and I became Death in all his wonder. I do not think I quite fear Death as much any more, and Life seems all the more beautiful.

    The sun was shining that day. It truly was the eye of heaven. With the window open, I could hear the cheering of lively people at a sport's game. Maybe I was the only one that knew that once, and in some places now, Death was celebrated. The sky was so endlessly blue that I could not help but smile when I looked at it. The leafy green covered the land outside of the hospital. I knew Life would go on. Soon, a new way of referring to the most basic aspects of the world would come to me.

    I wandered out of the room and grabbed my pen, the pen I bought with the money that my grandfather gave me, and wrote down Death's words once more. "The Great Raven comes to bring him to the Great Mountain." I wasn't sure what to make of it at first, but I had an underlying understanding in my heart. The Great Mountain is where we go when we die, and the Great Raven, or Death, carries us there. It seemed so profoundly simple to me.

      The next day, while I was in class, I wrote a poem about the Great Raven, but something felt like it was missing. That's when I realized that I had forgotten Life. In mere moments, words came to mind and to paper. I wrote a mirroring poem about the Great White Dove. She is the one who carries us back from the Great Mountain and allows us to be born again. Now things have progressed from there.
    
     An idea came to mind shortly after, or rather an urge did. I suddenly wanted to write an epic, but I wasn't sure what to write it about. I have decided. Should I write this epic, it will be about a battle between the Great Raven and the Great White Dove. Anyways, I must be off. I do intend that you may have enjoyed this post. Until next time,

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment