Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Fear Greater Than Death (poem)


I see you, broken man.
Hold your head high all you please,
But the stars will not come closer.
From the bottom of a deep pit,
Only the hope of escape is possible.

I watch you, broken man.
Perhaps you are worthy of my pity,
But I will not forget your choice.
From your broken and desecrated corpse,
Only maggots will be born.

I fear you, broken man.
Becoming you is what I truly fear,
But you are the gateway to it.
From the boundless earth to the endless skies,
Only courage will save me.

I hate you, broken man.
The mirror in front of me shows me you,
But I cannot accept that it is me.
From the deepest reaches of my heart,
Only I can see the illusion.

And this is where I break free from the curse,
The endless and pointless cycle.
The mirror shatters before me,
Broken from the force in my fist.
My courage sweeps away the shards,
And dispel the illusion.

I know you, broken man.
But you are not me,
And I am not you.
For I will not fall;
I will stay strong.

For this fear is greater than death,
A fear of a death without relief,
The death of that which is unreal.

-Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment