Monday, October 21, 2013

Athena's Daughter (poem)


Gray eyes,
Athena's fated daughter,
Bearing eyes of glass,
And an appropriate name.

Hair that falls down
In locks of blond
And brown,
Curling in soft bounces.

Athena's daughter
Has her wisdom,
As well as
Her myriad disguises.

The fated woman
Knows well deceit,
But all in good fun,
No suitors slaughtered.

The goddess of fiction,
Perhaps she may be called.
She is my muse,
And touches my heart.

She instructs me to write,
To create a worship,
To her,
My dear inspiration.

And so,
I obey
Those powerful eyes of gray.

----------------------------------------------------------------
I penned this particular poem some time ago, just before I decided on what my NaNoWriMo novel would be this November. As a form of announcement, I decided on posting it. The novel will bear a similar name ("The Daughter of Athena") and will be a sort of modern day ancient Greek myth, if you will allow me to call it as such. The worship of the ancient Greek pantheon of gods has long been forsaken; however, it seems that they are still very well known. This novel will focus on the daughter of Athena described in this poem, with the narrator of the poem being either a son of Aphrodite, or simply just a loved person of Aphrodite. I could say more, but it would be more efficient to post a link to my NaNoWriMo profile, where I have it written. Until next time,

-Zero

Link: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/kunazero

No comments:

Post a Comment